Changes are coming to the product support forum
Effective starting in July of 2018, Microsoft will no longer provide product support for a number of devices.
Microsoft Agent Michelle Mad posted this message in the Microsoft Community:
Effective July 2018, the Microsoft Community forums listed below will shift support scope and Microsoft staff will no longer provide technical support there. There will be no proactive reviews, monitoring, answering or answer marking of questions. The forums will still be moderated by Microsoft agents to ensure participants can engage in a safe and positive environment.
Microsoft Community participants are welcome and encouraged to continue to use the forum to ask questions and post answers with each other.
The support for the below products will be discontinued across different forums in the Community.
- Windows 7, 8.1, 8.1 RT
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Internet Explorer 10
- Office 2010, 2013
- Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, Surface RT, Surface 2
- Microsoft Band – this topic will be locked. Users are invited to participate in Microsoft Band 2 topic.
- Mobile devices forum – Microsoft support will continue in “Other Windows mobile devices” topic
- Zune – this topic will be locked, but will remain available for browsing
Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!
While it is disappointing news that Microsoft will no longer be supporting a large number of devices, it’s encouraging that forum participants will still have a place to support each other when problems arise.
As always, if we can be of help with your network or computer, give us a call here at RHYNO Networks. (855) 749-6648